Tales Mania

Author Topic: The G1 Comics  (Read 624 times)

Offline acehoneycomb

• View Profile
The G1 Comics
« on: June 01, 2014, 08:03:49 am »
Has anyone (and I know some of you have) heard about the G1 Tales comics? I have a few of them, photos of most of them can be found at my site, Everything Dreamer:
http://everythingdreamer.wordpress.com/
(Yes, Teddy is indeed green with pink hair on one page and Ace has a card symbol another time).
Anyone else own any of these?

Offline Notes

• View Profile
Re: The G1 Comics
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 10:15:42 am »
Wha- hey, acehoneycomb, I found your History Ponies story ages ago. I had no clue you were the moderator of that site, and that's super cool! And I've always LOVED the idea of a Tales abridged series. I don't know if I could help (*le sob*) but I've got my full support on the project. (Just a few things of note).

But though I don't have Tales comics, I WILL STALK THIS PLACE.

Offline Teddy

• Administrator
  • Too cool for school.
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 11:24:14 am »
I only have one issue of the Tales comics, but I'm not sure which one since it's missing the cover. I used to have copies of a bunch of the comics too, given to me by another major Tales fan from back in the day. I'm not sure what happened to those, though. At any rate, they are super cute and fun to read! And all the wacky color combos of some of the characters in them are a riot (especially Teddy's of course). ;)

Offline Notes

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 11:50:30 am »
That moment when you realize that you were RIGHT about Hungry Bon Bon's first page being like a canonification of my OTP... in my book, anyway. Yesss!

And I'm starting to learn a whole load about the comics, so if you tell me what the comics are about, maybe I could identify them for you.

Offline Teddy

• Administrator
  • Too cool for school.
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 05:29:07 pm »
Sweet! Well, I'm thinking those copies of comics I had were lost or thrown out in my move because they are nowhere to be found now. >.< BUT, the comic I do have starts out with a story called "Clover's Class" where the girls are in a ballet class together and end up playing some Rockin' Beat music while they dance. Another story in it is called "Teddy Takes a Trip" where he and the girls find a buried treasure chest at the beach. Oh, and the best story is called "French Lessons" where they get an exchange student from France who befriends Teddy. SO adorable!! lol!

Offline Notes

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 05:36:11 pm »
Yeah, I've been doing nothing but... staring... at My Little Pony comics for three hours now. That's how it tends to be when I find new comic.

But seriously, I've got, like, fifty stories to write based on my brand-new knowledge. Thanks for sharing, acehoneycomb. Seriously... thanks.

I dunno about your comic, to be totally honest. Sorry, Teddy. (,3(
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 03:00:52 pm by Notes »