Tales Mania

Author Topic: Where Bobdude Watchs MLP Tales  (Read 10968 times)

Offline Notes

• View Profile
Re: Where Bobdude Watchs MLP Tales
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2014, 08:52:34 pm »
I think we all wish we had several copies. But whatever you decide, I'll read, and help in any way you want me to.

Offline Notes

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2014, 09:53:55 pm »
Wow, I totally lost track of time. 0_o I'll be done within another fifteen minutes or so.

Offline Notes

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2014, 10:15:53 pm »
You were 72 days old at the time? Well, at least you were ALIVE...

I honestly have to wonder whether it’s a coincidence that Sir George Arthur Bloom happened to have that surname, when Clover shares it. He also wrote all but one of Clover’s episodes. Maybe Mr. Clover as the comics would say is a stand in for George Arthur Bloom. …I’m getting ahead of myself.

That is an interesting thing to note about the theme song, though. It really DOES give the show its own vibe.

Ah, Patch’s preferred method of retribution… the spit ball. Funny thing is I’ve imagined her proposing to Miss Hackney with a box of staples just as often as I’ve imagined her assaulting someone with a straw and a piece of paper.

Correct about Bright Eyes too.

The spinning wheel of which you speak is known as a ‘merry-go-round’. (Darn it I’ve wanted to say that for months.)

As a whole, though, everyone’s noticed how the theme song with mlptfan’s version of the episode starts in a different key. Just an interesting thing to note.

Yeah. Though I disagree adamantly with the sentiment that Sweetheart is the ‘90s Fluttershy’ or vice versa, I love how she stands up for what she believes in. I like to think she’s impatient sometimes; just a bit. Not with Tedmeister, she’s fixated on that kid, but Patch got it a bunch this series.

Nice point on the dwarf pony thing, though. Never thought of that. 0_0

Aaand here come Heartsworth and Lovely Surprise, or as a certain administrator one called them, Steel and Cherry. I like them, and the fact that there are actual genetics in play here. It makes dreaming up parent appearances all the easier.

Springfield, despite what I thought/hoped before, is a queen, not a tom. But she is adorable.

And, a quick Google image search proves that she also runs a fitness thing. I am scarred for life afterwards. But Laura Harris has done lots of different jobs!

Brain swag… I need to incorporate that into a story someday, if I ever write one I’m confident enough to publish…

Innuendos indeed…

Storm gods taking their ice cream seriously? Lawl.

The question comes to mind: why in Ponyland does Bright Eyes have a sock puppet of Miss Hackney? And if she has a sock puppet of Miss Hackney, then does she have one of Mr. Tidwell, or of Sweetheart, or of the King and Queen of the Isle Pony?

Headcanon alert: I think of Sweetheart’s mom as a neat-freak for some reason. She doesn’t have the time to clean out her attic, but she keeps everything else meticulous. Hence Sweetheart gets stressed out without organization.

Ah, birthdays… I’ve dreamed each one’s birthday. For the main girls, anyway. It pretty much goes Starlight, Melody, Bon Bon, Bright Eyes, Sweetheart, Patch, Clover, with an approximate eleven month difference between Starlight and Clover’s b-days.
But I guess that’s pretty pointless here.

That tent defies gravity though. There’s nothing holding the thing up, just books holding the sheet down.
Ponyland IS still a monarchy of some sort. They have a king and a queen, as well as a princess.

Another reference I don’t get! I love these things~

In the words of a baffled Melody, “Bazzle?”

Bob the snake is your pony-sona. I refuse to believe anything else, you poor dood! What did they kick YOU out for?

But anyhoo, Basil did actually appear in his form in G4. In Owl’s Well that Ends Well, the dragon that chases Spike, Twilight and Owlicious was Basil.

*le gasp* IT WAS MR. TIDWELL! (One day I’ll make this a fandom in-joke… it isn’t that funny, but neither is Scootaloo is a chicken.)

Scooby Doo reference! 8D

Mister Cream Puff…?

That mental image is adorable! 80

Yeah, they did have some pretty epic facial expressions! My favorites are probably Patch’s where she looks like she’s having a heart-attack at the rake and the blanket, the one Bon Bon had when she was rescued by Patch (that was adorable even disregarding my fondness of PatchBon) and the one Clover had when she was under the blanket after her falling.

I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve thought I’d seen my favorite Pokémon, Hypno, in my closet at night, personally.

A point well-made about Giggle at the Ghosties.

“Jumping into battle” is pretty funny when you think about it. Never thought of it before, actually.

Everyone KNOWS that Squire died shortly after his time against Basil. George Arthur Bloom ain’t the only writer who knows how to imply dark stuff though. *glares at every other Tales writer* While I love my dark ideas as much as anyone else does, this isn’t as bad as it gets.

We still have our stories… and other than Alex Warlorn, the only one who’s remembered Squire in a story was a Sir Dragonlord Daegan.

Nice review, overall!

Offline Teddy

• Administrator
  • Too cool for school.
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2014, 10:34:02 pm »
Holy cow Bob-dude, those are really in-depth reviews!! But I'm enjoying reading them, so post away! ^-^

Offline mlptfan

• Administrator
  • Starlight is not amused.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2014, 10:54:20 pm »
You were 72 days old at the time? Well, at least you were ALIVE...
I was an early teenager when Tales aired on TV here. It was interesting because of being the same age as the ponies, facing similar problems. However, talking about the show in school was very restricted LOL, but eventually when someone cool started talking (like our class' Ace), everyone seemed to have watched the show and liked it. Very odd situation, I believe the history has repeated itself with FiM, spawning Bronies all over the globe.

Tales would've definitely become something special if teh internet existed back then, I am sure! ;)

Offline Notes

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2014, 11:02:07 pm »
Oh yes. If only... )8'0

But, aside from getting George Arthur Bloom or the other writers here, we could still do stuff about it... like making a full-blown season 2, though there are smaller scale things we could kind of do...

Offline Bob-dude

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2014, 11:46:13 pm »
Holy updates Updateman, that's a lot of comments!

Teddy: Glad you're liking the reviews! They improve as I go along, humor writing's a learning process with me.

mlpfan: Interesting to know that Tales was popular at least somewhat with the target demographic at the time. Really the reason Tales didn't catch on was in part due to the jarring genre shift coming off of MLP N Friends and the specials, where every other Sunday was Armageddon for those poor ponies.  If I was a 12 to 13 year old girl who had grown up with that stuff, and I heard that they were making another pony show and Tales was the result? I can't say I wouldn't be a bit disappointed, being a hypothetical 'fantasy adventure' fan and all that (in reality I've always had a soft spot for Slice of Life works, grew up learning to read from old Archie comics). Oh well, tis what the Multiverse and my big epic Multi Gen MLP Hasbro made movie (we bring back Sunbow Stuidos and whatever company did MLP Tales and the guys behind the G3 specials and at one point or another all the different casts from the different Gens get 'swapped' artstyle wise)

Notes:Lot of stuff to reply to, I'll be sure to get you later.  ;)

Offline Notes

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2014, 11:52:06 pm »
Okey dokey!

Offline Bob-dude

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2014, 03:39:38 pm »
Notes:Maybe Bright Eyes just has a thing for sock puppets? Wait a tick, socks, kluzy incompetence. There can be only one logical explanation, Minty is somehow the daughter of Clover and Bright Eyes! Cant say I've noticed that about the different notes on the opening theme.

"Aaand here come Heartsworth and Lovely Surprise" You are so much better at naming things than I am.

That is some interesting headcanon, would never have pictured Sweet Mom as a neat freak, and yet part of it works.

I'm going with the idea that the tent is held up by the Tales version of Earth Pony magic or something

I think just the Isle of Pony has the King and Queen deal, Ponyland in the modern day has a Mayor and a Council, which I can only assume is made up of other mayors from other towns. I personally always replaced 'mayor of ponyland' with mayor of Coltenville myself.

Dude, I'm a snake that got scared off by a stuck out tongue, that's like a human getting scared off by a poke with a finger.

Eh, lots of Fim injokes arent that funny, heres looking at you GamerLuna and Princess 'Molly'

Can't say I'm that impressed with Warton's stuff, not exactly crazy about the Tales gang doomed to an End of the World existance or the fact that yet again in face of all logic, SOMEHOW the past Gens are all apart of the same world/timeline as Equestria. He's stuff, while good, is not as good as people make it out to be and honestly just comes off as pretentious to my eyes. 

Offline Bob-dude

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2014, 03:44:28 pm »
MLP Tales Review  4
Welp, it's that time again folks-

Melody: Hammer Time?

N-No Melody, not 'Hammer Time',

Patch:Is it Adventure Time?

No, I-

Clover: What about Howdedode Time?

NO! And who's going to get that reference anyways? Might as well ask where the beef is...
No, folks, Tis Pony Time. My Little Pony Tales Time to be precise.

Let us return again to that magical summer of 1992, or to be more precise July 10th, 1992 and to My Little Pony Tales's 4th episode (written once again by Mr. George Arthur Bloom): And the Winner is... (Spoilers, it Clover^^). 

The episode starts off with some cheesy but nice rock music/guitar solo as we get a nice good look at the PTV logo in all it's glowing glory, before we pan down to see an glass orb with a bunch of slips of paper in it.

Dazzle (who's got an infectious sort of cheeriness that could give G4 Cheerilee a run for her money) explains that it's time to pick the winner of the last two tickets to the Cleveland Bays concert and she gives the ball a good hard spin before plucking a name out of the orb (no I don't know how she does it with hooves, but I figure if a land of earth ponies can make a late 80s/early 90s setting with just their hooves, then they can do something as simple as pick up things with their hooves.).

But before we learn who the winner is (see what I did there?), the scenery gets all blurry and we cut to Clover being awaken by an echoy version of her name. She glances around her room a bit (which is rocking some pink wallpaper and doesn't seem to be very big in size) before she see that it's her mom. 

Who I shall hence forth name Clove Mom. Clove mom says that it's time for school and that Clover has overslept (Clove's unluckiest strikes again!) but Clover goes onto talk about her dream about how Dazzle was about to announce the winner of the Cleveland Bays band concert thing. Clove Mom remarks that if Clover doesn't get to school then she'll be spending it with Mrs. Hackney and we cut to later that day to Mrs. Hackney herself, who is teaching her class about the concept of fractions and denominators.

The class however, like all... Elementary? School kids, are too busy staring at the clock on the very pink wall (same for the floor, and the desks, and the wall paneling, seriously what is it with little ponies of all generations and their obsession with the color pink?) waiting for the day to end.

When the clock strikes three, the kook coo bird from the opening theme song pops out to announce the days end, only to get shot at by Patch and her spit ball straw of doom (also, that bird may or may not be sentient give it's reaction to Patch firing at it like that). 

All of our mane characters, including future characters like Ace (IWILLBETHEGODOFTHENEWWORLD!), and a random blue background pony all rush out of the classroom, happy to be free for the day. Clover calls everyone over to her house (at least I think it's her, it's hard to tell in this scene to be honest) for the drawing, as they all head down the school slide. 

Not going to lie, I'm sort of jealous of these girls, I mean their school has a freaking slide for crying out loud! (How the tax payers were able to be convinced for the 'add a slide' part of the school budget I'll never know) Suck it Ponyville schoolhouse! 

Later, at what I can only assume is Clover's house, the drawing on PTV is finally taking place, and it's turning out a lot like her dream, a fact of which Clover herself even comments on (does this mean that Clover can SEE THE FUTURE!?), while Bon Bon is so excited that she's happily stuffs her face with... vaguely white creamy stuff from a bowl. Whipped cream? Ice cream? Your guess is as good as mine folks.

Drums start to rolls as Patch clops her front two hooves up and down on the floor in excitement (not sure why I find that as cute as I do but I just do^^) And the winner is.... Clover of High Street West (I know, I'm amazed that Bloom actually gave them a name for her street as well, oh and Clover winning I guess). 

Clover is doing her best adorkable Twilight impression as she hops about in an almost Pinkie like manner from joy (tis very cute I must say). Sweetheart uses her other seldom used catchphrase “It never ever fails” (Again, not sure why I like this as much as I do, but I do), while Bright Eyes remarks that Clover is the “Luckiest little pony I've ever known.”

Clover meanwhile continues the Adorable Sparkle Dance (how she does it despite Tales and Equestria existing in completely different universes/time lines is beyond me). 

Once the dance of the dorks is done with, everyone starts to congratulate Clover on winning, while heading out the door as they do so. And it's a really hollow sounding and looking sort of congratulations too. 

Pretty soon only Sweetheart and Clover herself are left. Sweetheart then decides to break out her more well known catchphrase: I'm really truly happy for you Clover.”

Clover, however, can clearly see that her friends are upset from not winning the tickets. Sweetheart gives her friend a comforting pat on the back and explains that the others aren't upset, just disappointed that they didn't win is all. Having comforted her friend like a boss, Sweetheart then leaves as well (that door is just letting in all sorts of bugs I can tell), but not before playful mistaking the world lucky with the word later. Clover, now alone, remarks to herself how she guesses it's not easy being a good sport, even for friends (which is admittedly a very true little moral.)

Some time later, we see a dark green mail pony approach Clover's house (the address we learn is 5200) and after a short conversation with Clover, gives her the tickets and leaves. Clover, now having the tickets in hoof (It even comes with a letter from Dazzle herself, that even reads itself in her voice no less! Man, Tales ponies have less extreme version of the Howlers from Harry Potter? Is there anything their vuagely something 80s/90s technology CAN'T do?), starts to think to herself on just which of her six friends should get the tickets, and thus we get our song for the episode: The choice I ought to make. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UjgEaT2mMU

While it doesn't have the awesomeness of awesomeness that was Sweet Music from last episode, I still like it due to the nice imagery and because I do honestly sympathize with Clover a lot. Like Clover I too am a somewhat indecisive person at times so I know where this poor girl is coming from, also Lalainia Lindbjerg does have quite the sweet singing voice, especially for the last few lyrics of the song.

Some general points of interest about the song imagery:
Damn Clove, and I thought Sweetheart had a thing for hair bows (if the opening song is anything to go by). Also, go for yellow, looks better in your light pink mane than a pink bow would
Rabbits and Turtles in place of numbers, and I thought the idea of imaginary numbers was out there.

Ah, the age old fork in the road gag, been a while old friend.
HOLY PONY POOP, THAT'S A LOT OF ICE CREAM. I mean you'd need at least TWO Bon Bons to finish all that stuff off.

Whoa, that's a big TV, and is that... thinly veiled recoloring of the Muppet Babies I see (which changes for ‘Kermit; into regular green…), which implies that the regular Muppets are a thing, which implies that Sesame Street is a thing, which means that- and now I've gone derp eyed.

Also, it seems that abusing the multiscreen function of a tv will cause it to explode, good to know MLP Tales, thanks for that.

C-Clover, why are you imaging your friends dancing for your with feather thingies on their hooves that distantly remind me of Vegas show girls? 

On a side note, I like how Clover's immediately conflicted about which of her friends to take, as oppose to them having to give her some sort of motivation for going and give her a reason to be conflicted (coughTicketMastercough). 

Well it seems in spite of singing about it, Clover's still just as clueless about which of her five friends to take with her to the big concert. Later, at the corners of Faust Street and Zacherle Drive, we come to the familiar setting of the Rainbow Beauty Salon, aka the ice cream shop with the giant cone for a door. Is it called that in the show at any point? Don't think so, but I have to call it something other than 'that ice cream shop', so Rainbow Beauty Salon it is! 

Yay Fanon!

Inside we see Starlight hard a work, making a strawberry shake which she then gives to Clover (no doubt either in an attempt to fatten her up or butter her up into giving her the other ticket).

Clover, being many things (forgetful for starters) but dumb not one of them, questions her friend's sudden generosity. Starlight admits that it's to make up for leaving as soon as she did after the raffle yesterday and that it wasn't nice of her to do so but Clover says that she doesn't have anything to apologize for. A few sips of her shake later and Clover asks if Starlight wants to go with her to the concert. But amazingly, Starlight refuses! Naw, just messin' with ya, she jumps at the chance and accepts almost instantly.

Once more we cut to some time later, were we're shown the Coltenville public library (made of stone I might add, nice looking library all things told), Mrs. Hackney is going about doing her business while a triangle hip symbol pony walks by going off to do whatever the hell it is he's going to do. 

We then get a close up of Clover between some bookshelves, only for Melody's face to pop up behind one of them in surprise! Melody, after beating around the bush a little bit, asks if she can have the ticket. Clover, being very kind hearted by nature, reasons that if anyone should be going, it should be Melody, what with the music and love of rock n roll and all that. Melody rushes off in joy, and one screen wipe later, we cut to both Sweetheart and Clover hanging out on a seesaw. 

Sweetheart, being full of awesomeness, says that she doesn’t care about going to the music concert and when Clover brings up the fact that it's the motherflipping Cleveland Bays, that there are “more important things in life than the Cleveland Bays.” (like a BOSS!)

Clover is so impressed with Sweetheart's maturity that she insists on giving Sweetheart her own ticket, obviously forgetting both Melody and Starlight. Sweetheart is pleasantly delighted by this news (Oh gee oh gosh! This is really truly unexpected! Girl likes her rhyming that's for sure, someone needs to make a Pony rap video having her face off against Fluttershy, I don't care if we have to track Lalainia Lindbjerg down and pay her a boat load of cash in the process, but it needs to be done.) I have to say that I really like this scene and I almost can't explain why, but I'll try my best (if only I had a crappy pony version of myself I could use while writing this thing, oh well...).

First off, I love that both Sweetheart and Clover are just hanging out doing something as nice and simple as playing on a seesaw. While I don't object to any of the adventure stuff that the Mane Six get involved with, there's just something about the simplicity of two friends just spending time on a playground that I just love. 

Secondly, I freaking ADORE Sweetheart in scene and found her maturity and her refusal to buy into that boy band hip nonsense to be both surprising and refreshing (though admittedly I have a tendency to write very mature/adult kid characters so that may have something to do with it). 

Thirdly, I can't help but like the fact that Clover was so impressed with Sweetheart's maturity/honesty that she just up and gave her ticket away to her. Shows that she appreciate good traits in friends. 

Another screen wipe and we cut to the rest of the Coltenville seven arguing over who exactly Clover has given the extra ticket too. Clover, being the most unluckiest and luckest pony in all of freaking Ponyland, of course just happens to approach the group and be noticed by them, with the five of them chasing after her the moment they lock eyes (and Clover didn't even bring any Pokemon with her either).

On aside, I want to talk a bit about the background music that plays during the chase sequence. I've always found how this one track in particular with it's use of xylophone, string instruments (I want to say violins), and flutes to be a charming little piece of music.

Anyway, Clover continues running from her clearly very annoyed and angry friends and soon opts for hiding under a nearby bench. Starlight and the others see right through her hiding place, with Starlight ordering Clover to come out from hiding. Clover makes a pretty lame excuse about looking for something under the wooden bench, but all the girl's yell at her to come out and explain herself.

Shame faced, Clover comes out of hiding and explains that because she couldn't decide which of her five friends to invite, she invited all of them. Bright Eyes remarks that while Clover's ghuester (I apologize, I can never seem to spell that word for the life of me), that doesn't change the fact that there are only two tickets available.

If only there was a kinda-deity like flying horse sized pony with a horn sticking out of her head to give them extra tickets. But that would be just silly.

It's at this point that inspiration proceeds to bop Clover upside the head and we cut to later, were we see a fishbowl with scraps of paper in it. Clover apparently came up with the idea to hold another raffle, with her father being blindfolded in the process for fairness sake (Clove Dad: But I can't see a thing. Clove mom: That's the point dear. And once again no, I don't know how Clove dad is able to pick up a piece of paper with a hoof. Its not like Fim hasn't pulled the same thing before (Oh hello boots clearly made for human beings).

Anywho, Clove dad draws the first name, and fittingly enough from a thematic point of view, it's Melody. Ole Melody is SO excited at the prospect of meeting her music idols that she nearly faints in the process. The second drawing is made and... It's CLOVER! Once again, young Clover does the dance of the happy dorks, only to stop shortly after. “I did it, I won again!... I didn't mean too.”

So because we're running out of run time, we cut to the concert in all it's late 80s, early 90s glory. 

We see a black car pull up to the red carpeted event and two ponies walk out, one of which is not only wearing a bow tie, but has one for their hip symbol as well. The 11th doctor would totally think that guy was coolsville. 

We then get a close up shot of Melody, who is clearly enjoying herself, while poor Clover is not and-Wait. Are those copies of Clover, Patch, and possible Melody I see in the crowd. Holy scrap they are. This can mean only one thing everyone.

CODE BLUE, CODE BLUE! THE CHANGLINGS AND ZYGONS HAVE TEAMED UP AND INVADED PONYLAND! SOMEONE GET THE 7TH DOCTOR, ACE (the explosive expect, not the god of the new world with a fondness for potato chips.), CADENCE AND SHINING ARMOR HERE STAT!

Right, so while all of time, space, and the barrier between separate universes is weakened to summon the help needed to deal with these horrifying threats, Melody asks Clover why she isn't as excited to be at the concert as she is. Clover remarks that she feels bad about leaving the others behind, Melody agrees, remarking that they “do the neatest stuff together” and for whatever reason has the hoof to the side of her head, I think it's suppose to mimic hiding your face in shame with one hand but it's hard to tell. Also, the BGM gets really 80s for a brief moment here.

So back at... a house (don't get me wrong, it's a nice two story deal with a garage and everything but I'm not sure who's house it's suppose to be. I THINK it's suppose to be Clover's, but the mailbox is in the wrong place and I don't think I see those two big flower bushes from earlier with the mailpony when she first got the tickets, so who the hell knows whose house this is? You know, whatever flaws G3 might have had, and it has it's fair share I won't deny that, at least I could tell which home belong to which character, same with Fim.) we have the ever cheery Dazzle (seriously, I don't think the pony multiverse would survive if Equestria Cheerilee and Dazzle met one another) announce that it's a few minutes to show time and asks if the crowd is excited. The background ponies let out a big cheer that they are, which prompts Dazzle to ask the same question of all the little ponies at home, at which the Coltenville four cry out in unison. 

The doorbell rings a moment later, and Bright Eyes (it this her house or is she just volunteering as a guest?) and is surprised to see both Clover and Melody standing outside the door. I love Bright Eye's shocked expression when she opens the door, it amuses me so. I also love how Melody trots inside with an almost Rarity like air about her, but I digress. Both Clove and Mel head into the living room, where Clover drops abox on the floor the first chance she gets. In fairness, if I had to hold a pizza box with one hoof and walk with just three others, chances are I'd drop the damn thing first chance I got as well (seriously animators, what the heck did you DO to Clover's poor hoof?).

Both girls explained that they missed their friends, so they sold their tickets and got pizza, instead opting to share the concert on a tv screen with friends as oppose to just the two of them getting to experience the awesomeness of the Bays live.

The pizza is being passed around to the others,while Dazzle finally introduces the Bays, and we hear that cheesy rock tune from the beginning of the episode. there's something about that guitar pony that however vaguely reminds me of Bill and Ted's air guitar.

Patch asks if Clover still thinks she's luck, and Clover, wrapping her arms around both Patch and Bon Bon, says that having friends like them makes her “the luckiest little pony in the world.” the episode ends with all six friends snacking on Piza as they bask in the TV's bright glow. 

And that's And the Winner is... So what do I think of it? Easily a 9 out of ten, all of the Coltenville mane six might not have as nice a moments as Sweetheart's maturity, but that alone plus Clover's lovable well meaning ineptitude makes this episode a real joy to watch, at least for me. 

Next time we get into somewhat “controversial” territory, as both Kayte Kuch and Sheryl Scarborough take a sort of Polansy-Merriweather Williams sort of role next time as Sweetheart learns to Stand by me (the me in this case being Teddy).
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 06:46:29 pm by Bob-dude »

Offline Bob-dude

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2014, 03:44:59 pm »

Bonus content time! 

I thought it might be fun to try a hand or hoof of 'Power Pony'fying the Coltenvillie Mane Six. Introducing, the West Coast Power Ponies!

Starlight would be Madame Meteor, the leader of the group with powers based off of the nine planets (this being the 90s Pluto is still a planet thank you very much). Think a heroic version of the Planet Master

Bright Eyes would be a blend of Dr. Strange and Swamp thing, think of a sort of environmental sorceress, by the name of Natural Curse.

Patch would Adventure Ho!, the normal badass of the group and would basically be a sort of mix between Ironman and Batman, an inventor pony that knows kung fu with a bunch of crazy gadgets for just about every situation.

Sweetheart would basically be like a more productive and active version of Mai-Ti from Captain Planet (or if you will, Consular Troi from Star Trek) by the name of Captain Compassion, with mind and emotion manipulation powers.

Clover would be a blend of Gambit and Scarlet Witch, she would have powers similar to SW, but a sort of Casino/gambling theme in terms of her costume. She'd go by the name of Black Kitty (because all the good cat names have been taken, THANKS DC AND MARVEL!).

Bon Bon would be a magical girl bend of a baker (she's able to summon forth sweet based attacks) and a sumo wrestler (her fat appearance hides a very powerful frame underneath) and would pretty much act as the heavy hitter of the group. Can't think of a good name for her sadly, though her uniform would be a combo of an apron and a mawshi (sumo belt, and yes I am weird why do you ask?).

Melody would be the Musical Mistress, basically a good version of the Music meister with Black Canary's sonic scream thing, her costume would make her look like either a member of Jem and the Holograms, or a member of the grunge scene.

Lancer would basically be a knock off of Green Arrow, by the name of the Sapphire Shaft and would otherwise have the same personality as his normal self.

Ace, would be Booster Gold at least in terms of comic counterpart and would also be a normal badass. Think a less rich, less long term planning of doom version of Ozymandias from Watchmen.

Teddy would be Bloodhoof, aka every early 90s superhero ever (but mostly Spawn, save for a whole lot less angsting and having a youtube reviewer having to be stuck in an ironic hell dedicated to it). Came back from the depths of heck to be with Sweetheart once more after getting killed in an alien invasion sort of deal.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 06:47:15 pm by Bob-dude »

Offline Teddy

• Administrator
  • Too cool for school.
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2014, 04:16:31 pm »
Ok, that was awesome. Bravo!!!

All I can add is that Teddy does appear to be on the soccer team in "Bon Bon's Diary" when they're singing about secrets and Sweetheart is watching Teddy play from the bleachers.

Speaking of Tommy Oliver, he can burn in hell for what he said about Tales! I think he's definitely one of the main reasons so many Bronies don't even give Tales a chance. /end rant

Offline Bob-dude

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2014, 05:18:47 pm »
Glad you liked it Teddy! As for Mr. Oliver, there's a reason why, much like Robert Heilen and Ann Ryn I don't bother to acknowledge his actual name, between his Tales hatred and frankly creepy utopiaization of Equestria, I just call him Mr. Lumpy Brown Hat. I've even come up with a game called Refute that Jerk, where people think of what they would say in a hypothetical response video to Mr. Lumpy Brown Hat. So far Notes is the only person to play though.

Offline Notes

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2014, 10:44:56 pm »
Yeah... forty eight points and several freak out sessions later, and the entire thing was typed out on The Schoolhouse. Hate his thoughts on Tales; fundamentally flawed video.

Offline Bob-dude

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2014, 12:31:02 am »
On a happier note, I'm now working on another pony fic (yay!). The downside is it's an FiM fic (boo!) and inflation base (yaayyish?). So yeah, just wanted to let people be aware that that's a thing, as for what the story's about, my avatar should give you an idea... ;)