Tales Mania

Author Topic: Fanart General  (Read 3231 times)

Offline Notes

• View Profile
Re: Fanart General
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2014, 11:23:01 am »
You know, I was actually the one who beefed up the number of Tales images from two hundred thirty something to three hundred by going through all of the character tags. Lots of G1 Bon Bon images weren't tagged with 'My Little Pony Tales,' so I set them. I had to go through the 'Bon Bon' tag with the 'Everything' filter so I could get everything... it was a time-consuming process in which I saw... R34. )80

I saw those images. I'd totally write that fic if I knew more about G3, and if I could dream up a good enough reason for them all to be together in the first place. I really like the backgrounds in both generations... and maybe you should make a picture of Bon Bon that's big enough for your taste. (Tales stuff is Tales stuff, compadre.)

Offline Darkabomination

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2014, 03:12:17 pm »
I'm curious, is there anything Tales does that FIM doesn't in the art department? Yeah it's not the best studio that did it, but wasn't nearly as bad as the rest of the G1 cartoon. I've heard for instance the ponies' expressions can be rather nice.

Offline Bob-dude

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2014, 04:58:41 pm »
Well as I've mentioned before I always have found a number of the backgrounds to be quite colorful and detailed.

Offline Notes

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2014, 05:06:55 pm »
Yeah. Tales was edited by a pretty crummy studio, as TVTropes says... but the backgrounds and such were of a totally different flavor than FiM. In the art department, they of course made the Tales ponies more like real horses than FiM. And Tales was, obviously, hand-animated. It's amazing!

Offline Bob-dude

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2014, 05:12:05 pm »
Yeah, I've noticed that a few times with the voices (Bright Eyes voice coming out of Bon Bon's mouth for example). Still, the backgrounds certainly gave the show a  different certain charm to it that only handdrawn stuff seems to be able to do. Not to say that it's better than Flash animation mind you, just that's different.

Offline Notes

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2014, 05:16:02 pm »
Yep. They snuck in some pretty funny bits of dialogue in the crowd shots to make up for the wrong voices, though!

"Wow... he's so hot and munchy."

"Aww! What I wanted to tell Patch is that...""They're so soft?"

"Keep the rings away from the pole!"

Offline Teddy

• Administrator
  • Too cool for school.
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2014, 06:36:04 pm »
What?! What episodes are those quotes from, Notes? lol!!

Offline Notes

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2014, 06:44:08 pm »
"Hot and munchy" came from Sister of The Bride. Listening right past 4:09 will reveal it. It sounds like a Bon Bon quote, but it isn't Bon Bon saying it...

The Patch thing was an exchange between Bon Bon and Starlight during Up, Up and Away at the 1:24 point.

The line from Lord of the Rings was at 3:35 in Sister of the Bride.

Comedy GOLD in there, I tell you!

Offline Teddy

• Administrator
  • Too cool for school.
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2014, 05:48:08 pm »
So, totally came across some interesting Tales fanart just doing a random Google search. Figured I'd share them here:

What in the world?? lol! (From VixieArts)

Oh no, they've morphed into G2's again!! (Some new DVD cover art apparently. Like the original G2 art wasn't bad enough.)

Ace just being sexy. ;) (By ThisKrispyKat...no relation to OUR Kat, I don't think?)

Offline Bob-dude

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2014, 05:53:52 pm »
Not going to lie, I LOVE Sweetheart in the upper corner there! Very cute!

Offline Notes

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2014, 06:07:55 pm »
*jaw drop* In all of my hours of searching for Tales things, I have never seen the first art! I'll share the obscure stuff I've found once I'm done making a certain grand fanfic library for Tales...

Offline Kat

• #1 Ace fan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2014, 06:18:07 pm »
No relation but clearly she's meant to be my BFF, haha! Drawing Ace and sharing my name! ;)

Love the art style of SH in that first one! So cute. Horse!Teddy looks awesome as well, I love his huge mane. And that expression!

Offline Notes

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2014, 06:19:04 pm »
The expression on horse Teddy's face IS priceless. XD

Offline Teddy

• Administrator
  • Too cool for school.
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2014, 06:21:21 pm »
Yes, Sweetheart is flippin' adorable in that first pic. Agreed! But sad horsey Teddy is so bizarre and random! But also kind of adorable the longer I look at him... ^-^

Offline Bob-dude

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2014, 06:33:24 pm »
Sad horsey Teddy is best Teddy.  ;D Also, thought I might as well share this pic, oddness of the subject matter aside I think it's pretty cute/heartwarming myself. https://derpibooru.org/23604?scope=scpeb8c429bdf8a7cffa027a181828669c687e347a26