Tales Mania

Author Topic: Kiss & Makeup  (Read 2759 times)

Offline Notes

• View Profile
Re: Kiss & Makeup
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2014, 08:42:44 am »
Okay; StarBright it is for me! The Brony method sure can be fun. Clover Patch is what I've started thinking of Patch/Clover as. StarTed is Starlight/Teddy... Punny names abound here, to say the least!

Offline Bob-dude

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2014, 04:07:58 pm »
Yays for puns!

Offline Teddy

• Administrator
  • Too cool for school.
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2014, 11:38:58 am »
Omg, that was freaking adorable!! lol! Just one question though, why the hell does Starlight talk to herself outloud so much? I mean seriously, who does that?? ;)

Offline Notes

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2014, 12:11:11 pm »
It's a coping skill many use. And Starlight deals with a lot of crud from her friends on a weekly basis. Starlight's tendency to talk to herself is adorable, though.

Offline Kat

• #1 Ace fan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2014, 05:13:18 pm »
Omg, that was freaking adorable!! lol! Just one question though, why the hell does Starlight talk to herself outloud so much? I mean seriously, who does that?? ;)

I DON'T KNOW!! But unfortunately I had to go with the flow of the original, otherwise Ace probably would not have said anything to her. He'd have just listened to her crying for a bit before leaving.

I suppose I could have super updated them into present times and had her run home and blog about it... Which he would find after seeing her super depressing Twitter update - "Can't stop crying, I'm the worst pony ever! #failure #brokenheart" ;)

Offline Teddy

• Administrator
  • Too cool for school.
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2014, 05:49:29 pm »
No, no, no...Twitter does not belong in the world of Tales. ;)

Offline Darkabomination

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2014, 12:42:25 am »
Hahahahahaha, that's pretty funny. Starlight sulking on Twitter.

Offline Bob-dude

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2014, 12:59:13 am »
Meanwhile with Melody: Rainbow Rocks sux! Rockin Beats 92' forevers!!!

Offline Notes

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2014, 01:00:09 am »
Sure is. XD But Twitter doesn't belong in the Tales verse, to be sure.

And so correct, Bob-dude!

Offline Darkabomination

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2014, 01:44:35 am »
Hey, I'm looking forward to that movie!

Offline Kat

• #1 Ace fan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2014, 04:07:13 pm »
I think I'm probably in the minority in that I LOVE updating the kids into the present time. It would change quite a few dynamics of their relationships, I think, not to mention I love the idea of keeping fictional social media accounts for them. If it wasn't such a hassle of logging in and out I probably would have created a few of them accounts on Twitter! You know, because I clearly have nothing better to do with my time (like writing, or taking pictures of certain things). ;)

Offline Bob-dude

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2014, 05:08:31 pm »
Dibs on Bon Bon! :P And you're not alone in aging up the Mane Seven Kat, I do it as well (mainly because I keep crossing them over with Fim in my head) though I always put them in the 'late teen/young adult' level roughly around the Tales setting version of the Late 90s/early 2000s.

Offline Teddy

• Administrator
  • Too cool for school.
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2014, 05:49:55 pm »
I think I'm probably in the minority in that I LOVE updating the kids into the present time. It would change quite a few dynamics of their relationships, I think, not to mention I love the idea of keeping fictional social media accounts for them. If it wasn't such a hassle of logging in and out I probably would have created a few of them accounts on Twitter! You know, because I clearly have nothing better to do with my time (like writing, or taking pictures of certain things). ;)

Well, we did have those Tales LJ accounts back in the day. lol! I guess it might be interesting to see what they're FB pages would look like!

Offline Notes

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2014, 06:06:15 pm »
Oh, the things I would do if I wasn't terrified of major networking sites... That would be interesting to see, though.

I find it fun researching and learning all about the 90s so I can write things accurately in the Talesverse. But Kat, you are right about the different dynamics, I will admit. For example, dating sites would be popular nowindays, so there could be something about one of those things. I laughed at the last note, too.

But it WOULD be interesting to see a more modern take on Tales I guess. Better than keeping your nose stuck in the 90s.

Offline Kat

• #1 Ace fan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2014, 06:34:06 pm »
My honest preference is to write them in the 14-18 bracket, but moved into the present day and age. And I won't lie - it's mostly because of music. Even if I don't reference music in whatever I'm writing, I just like to be able to picture using that music in my head. Plus I love imagining them using all facets of social media!

For instance - BB would totally be an Instagram girl, posting picture after picture of whatever she's baking. I also think she'd definitely be into taking loads of selfies, because she's a little insecure due to her weight/model aspirations, so she wants to carefully control what kinds of pictures she posts of herself.

Melody and Ace are definitely Twitter kids - mostly because they value their own opinions and believe that everyone else should be hearing whatever it is they have to say. They'd also really enjoy Instagram as well, and the majority of their pictures would probably be of themselves and each other! ;)

BE would hate Twitter because of the character limit - but she'd still have an account, and she'd be one of those people who will post six or seven subsequent updates as one long paragraph. She would definitely have a blog on the side.

Starlight would be all over Pinterest, so she can organize and compartmentalize every little interest she has in a clean way. She'll take great joys in creating a slew of different pin boards for things, and would probably want to organize things for all her friends as well.

Sweetheart would prefer Facebook so she can keep up to date about every detail regarding everyone's lives (including extended family who won't be on Twitter or any other sites).

Patch would probably use Twitter and Instagram a lot, but not to the extent of Ace and Mel.

Clover I think would probably mostly keep to Instagram and Pinterest, with the occasional twitter outburst.

Lancer would just do everything that any of his friends are doing, to be honest. But he'll probably be a bit more mindful of what he's sharing online.

Teddy - he'd probably stick to Twitter? Mainly just harassing people on-line for fun though. He'd definitely be an on-line troll (until SH made him stop!). ;)

Anyway - we did have our character LiveJournals and those were super fun! I miss them. I've been sorely tempted to make FB pages for the kids over the years. You'd just get to explore a different side of their personalities that way. :)