Tales Mania

Author Topic: Hello from a long time Tales Fan!  (Read 593 times)

Offline brighteyes

• I made a Non Newtonian Fluid!
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
Hello from a long time Tales Fan!
« on: June 07, 2014, 12:48:19 pm »
Hello all!

I've made my way over from the MLP Arena (thanks for the nudge Teddy!). 

About Me:  I'm a lab manager in the biology department in a small university.  My hobbies include collecting my little ponies of all gens (though G1 is my favorite), hiking, reading, gardening, writing and making custom ponies.  My first pony was Flat Foot Blue Belle that my older sister bought for me at a little department store.  Since then I was hooked!  I found eBay in 1997 and started collecting and have been collecting off and on ever since.  I was active in the collecting newsgroups at that time under brighteyes and it's been my online pony persona ever since for reasons I will explain below.

I have a daughter who also loves ponies and has a big collection of her own (mostly G4 with a smattering of G3 and G1).  These days she's growing out of ponies and is more into Monster High though  :'(  We still have fun perusing flea markets and  on the hunt for the big Pony Score though LOL

Why I Like Tales and Bright Eyes in particular:  I was a huge fan of the MLP movies, special and tv shows when I was little, but Tales was always my favorite.  I wasn't able to catch the MLP and Friends show very often and so I missed many of the parts of the epic 10 part episodes they would have so I never identified with them as much.  I did watch pretty much all of Tales when it came on.  I was always the smart, dorky friend in my group and so I really identified with Bright Eyes.  My dad was a scientist and I knew from a young age that I wanted to be one too. I was always very environmentally conscious (I organized a recycling club at my elementary school to get the school to start providing recycling bins in the halls LOL), so needless to say Bright Eyes was and is my favorite pony.  I think Tales often doesn't get as much love as the other series because it's so different, but I think it's awesome!

Anyway, that's me in a nutshell!  I look forward to talking Tales with all of you :D

Edited to Add:  I also have a Pony Blog:  http://brighteyespony.wordpress.com/
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 12:53:40 pm by brighteyes »

Offline Notes

• View Profile
Re: Hello from a long time Tales Fan!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 01:02:25 pm »
Great on you for arriving here! Good on Teddy to nudge you over to this juncture; I'd love to get to know you a little bit better! The name's Notes, and I speak for all of us when I welcome you to our humble abode!

That's so cool that you work in the field of science; I LOVE science, and all subjects in the classroom! I also like reading and writing, as well as analyzing My Little Pony cartoons where others collect. I find that Tales is a fun show that actually DOES have good points to overthink.

Too bad about your daughter, though. I dislike Monster High...

Tales is a fun show, I'll say! That's really cool that you nudged your school authorities to get recycle bins; really sounds like something Bright Eyes would do. I haven't done stuff like my favorite at my school, but my favorite is Patch. I'm a Starlight in real life. Tales IS awesome, and it does get the short end of the pudding-filled stick (if you get the reference you get a cookie).

And, again, I look forward to getting to know you better!

Offline mlptfan

• Administrator
  • Starlight is not amused.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 03:14:48 pm »
Hi brighteyes. I have seen you at other places such as the Arena. Awesome to have you here! Very well written introduction :)

Offline Bob-dude

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014, 04:12:59 pm »
Welcome to the other herd bighteyes, what we lack in crazy fanish output we more than make up with in closeness and a distinct lack of nitpicky complaints. Also have my own review/commentary series of Tales running at the moment, if you need a good laugh and walk down memory lane. http://talesmania.logotypes.se/index.php?topic=13.0

Offline Teddy

• Administrator
  • Too cool for school.
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2014, 06:30:11 pm »
Hi there, Brighteyes!! Nice to see you over here! :D

I always identified more with Tales as well. I liked the original MLP series also, but it was so far from real life. Tales was more like what kids really go through at that age (and the age I was when I first saw the show), and it just somehow helped to have that information conveyed through cute, colorful ponies. :)

And that's awesome you work in a bio lab! I loved biology and lab courses back in college (started out in Marine Biology)! But then I had to start taking all those crazy biochem, organic, and physics classes and I ended up changing my major. lol! I wasn't quite smart enough for those. It's all good though, I still ended up working with animals like I wanted. ^-^