Tales Mania

Author Topic: Zoo Tales  (Read 1364 times)

Offline Teddy

• Administrator
  • Too cool for school.
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
Zoo Tales
« on: June 10, 2014, 06:11:53 pm »
I just felt like sharing some little stories/info about different animals I worked with at my zoo. If there's any interest, I might be inclined to share more! ;)

Ducklings are the cutest beings on Earth. I challenge you to prove otherwise! This one is a North American Ruddy Duck. We call them NARDs because it's shorter, and really fun to say outloud! (And yes, that is poop on my hand. lol!)

Baby Tapirs look like watermelons! ^-^ (This is Timmy, a few days old. He's all grown up now.)

Did you know animals could paint? This is Pippi, a Redhead Duckling working on one of her masterpieces. ;)

Toucans like shiny things! This is my buddy Bandit, he loved my engagement ring when I showed up wearing it one day. ^-^

Offline Notes

• View Profile
Re: Zoo Tales
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 06:24:28 pm »
8D I LOVE THEM! They're all so ADORABLE... I don't even know what to say or how to format it. NARDs are really cute, but again, so are all animals. Fennec foxes are standouts, though. I simply adore Timmy, Pippi and Bandit, too. Timmy is so tiny and adorable in that picture, sucking your finger like that. And he's handsome, too, with those glorious spots.

I would definitely buy a painting from Pippi if I could, just saying. It looks like we have a Duckasso/Van Duck/Duckas here. And the artist is sooooo adorable too that, if I saw a little duck like Pippi, I would DUCK to the ground and give them a hug.

Bandit is so awesome, too. Great coloration, and he's being so adorable and silly. Hah, thanks for sharing, Teddy! I'd love to see more zoo pics; I love animals.

Offline Teddy

• Administrator
  • Too cool for school.
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 07:27:34 pm »
Glad you enjoyed them, Notes! I'm a huge animal lover myself, naturally. ^-^

Fennecs are super adorable too, yes. We had 10 at my zoo, but I didn't actually work with them myself. One pair had 4 kits once, and OMG were they to die for!! Unfortunately, I don't think I ever took any pics of them. I'm more of a bird person. ;)

Offline Notes

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 07:34:00 pm »
Fennec foxes are so huggable-looking in pictures, but the birds are awesome too! Once I had a pair of parakeets. They made my mom so happy when they sang, which was all day. They were excellent little buggers...

I wish I could go around and see nature as a whole more often, though. 8l

Offline Kat

• #1 Ace fan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 08:03:49 pm »
Definitely post more of these!! I miss seeing your zoo pics! Especially Bandit - ugh such a cutie! ♥

Offline Darkabomination

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 10:10:49 pm »
Aww, I'm sure they're all adorable.

You'd be best friends with Fluttershy, Teddy! :3

Offline Darkabomination

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 01:47:21 am »
Somewhat related.

My cat's being too adorable for comfort.
Super fluffy, likes pawing, doing the face rubbing, and loud purring, but he's been on my legs for an hour and I'm starting to cramp. But I'd litterally be kicking a kitten...

(20 minutes later...)

Blood decreasing, numbness in legs steadily expanding...
Must...deploy...catnip...

Offline Notes

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 01:52:16 am »
I have a bunch of cats at my little house! Sounds adorable, heh. I wish more of my cats were lap cats.

Offline Teddy

• Administrator
  • Too cool for school.
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 05:29:00 pm »
Aww!!! I'm a huge cat-lover as well! ^-^ In fact, here is my kitty (Truman) and his pony:

And, back to the zoo animals:

One of these things does not belong... This Mandarin Duck hen adopted a Common Shelduck duckling after his mother accidentally crushed his siblings in their nest. She didn't mind he was a different color and size from her own babies. In fact, he quickly outgrew her!

This is Bill. He's a Roseate Spoonbill who fell from his nest and impaled his bill (near his throat) on a branch. He was found hanging from the tree by his bill. Poor guy had a huge hole that had to be patched with synthetic material in order for him to be able to eat!

And this is Micco, a one-year-old Cougar who decided his water dish looked very tasty one day. He swallowed a large chunk of it, which caused a blockage in his stomach. Here he is after the surgery sporting his stylish shaved tummy. Guess who got to shave him?? Me!! Yep, sometimes the bird keeper even gets to play with the cool cats. ^-^

Glad you guys are enjoying these! I'm having a great time reminiscing here! :D

Offline Notes

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2014, 05:42:21 pm »
They all are adorable! One of my tomcats has a Pikachu toy that he loves to death and sometimes carries around with him! He's so sweet and adorable. And my beloved Poe is on my arm right now, sleeping!

Wow, the ducks are so sweet!

Poor Bill... but he's fine now, it appears. The zookeepers always take such good care of the animals.

Lucky! Micco is so adorable with his stomach shaved, haha! I wonder what the reaction of the person who found he ate his water dish was.

Offline Teddy

• Administrator
  • Too cool for school.
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2014, 10:53:18 pm »
Aww, I love kitties! ^-^

Micco's keeper felt horrible once we figured out it was his big rubber water dish that caused it. Needless to say, they only have metal waterers now. ;)

Glad you're enjoying the pics, Notes! I'll have to go through and find some more soon.

Offline Notes

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2014, 07:14:59 pm »
I look forward to seeing some more!