Tales Mania

Author Topic: Dutch Girls! (and other stuff!)  (Read 1877 times)

Offline Kat

• #1 Ace fan!
    • View Profile
Dutch Girls! (and other stuff!)
« on: June 12, 2014, 04:27:26 am »
Wow wow wow look what I finally did! I wasn't even meaning to - I just wanted to confirm I still had them in my closet and hadn't put them in my storage locker and then whammo - they were just too pretty to not take out and hold and then subsequently arrange in my closet...

I forgot though that the Dutch, for whatever reason, never got Patch or Clover in alternate colours, just the other five. Rather unfortunate - I'd love to see what colours they would have gotten! Kind of tempted to design an alternate version of those two, along with alternates for the boys, just for fun! What colours would you guys have liked to see alternate versions in, out of curiosity?

Also pictured is my MOC Sweetheart (original version), my Tales umbrella, and my Rollerskating Melody duffel bag. Not sure where my Tales backpack is - somewhere in my apartment... I'll have to add a hook for it eventually.

Offline Notes

• View Profile
Re: Dutch Girls! (and other stuff!)
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 08:48:39 am »
A POSSE OF SHINY PONIES APPEARED!

Seriously, though, these look SMASHING. I was totally unaware that there was a Melody duffel bag, and it looks, bluntly, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! Absolutely stunning...

Is Starlight in the group? I see a pink Bon Bon, a dark blue Bright Eyes, a white Melody and a pink Sweetheart, but nothing about their terrific pony leader. Or, of course, best and clumsiest ponies, like you said. Is that purple one in the background her, or the English Miss Hackney?

I bet that green would appear on Clover had she been released; it just seems likely, for some reason. And maybe they'd sneak some yellow into Teddy. Or go all-out comic on us and add red to him. No clue about Ace though...

Offline Darkabomination

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 12:02:32 pm »
If they're different colors, how can you tell who's who? Cutie Marks?

Still, those must be hard to come by, so hurray for Tales swag.

If the My Little Wiki's correct, the world's bestest teacher was never released as a toy.

And also going by the wiki Star Pony has white coat, blue mane, and light blue eyes with yellow and blue stars as a Mark.

Offline Teddy

• Administrator
  • Too cool for school.
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 03:39:34 pm »
OMFG, I finally get to see them!!! :D They are amazing!! And holy cow, you have an MOC Dutch Melody?!?!!! AND MOC Sweetheart??? I hate you so much right now. I love Dutchie Bright Eyes, she's such an unusual (but gorgeous) color. ^-^ I shudder to think how much you paid for all these girls!

I think you forgot to add the pic of your Tales umbrella?

Notes: Starlight is in the first and last pics, did you miss her somehow?

Offline Notes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 03:41:57 pm »
N-Now wait a minute, I thought that was Melody! So, she's missing instead?

Offline Teddy

• Administrator
  • Too cool for school.
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 03:44:50 pm »
Melody is the MOC pony behind Bon Bon in the first pic. ;)

Offline Notes

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 03:50:45 pm »
White and pink... darn, I am dumb for not seeing her. She looks great!

Now that that's settled, I just have to incorporate these designs into canon somehow... Maybe it's a makeover time look. Or it could come up in James Bloom, but then, that one is about Patch and Clover... darn. l8Y

Thanks, Teddy. I needed that.

Offline Kat

• #1 Ace fan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 04:11:02 pm »
I personally like to envision them being in an alternate reality - Dutch Melody and Starlight are twin sisters (since they both have white bodies and their symbols are blue and yellow), while Dutch Sweetheart and Bon Bon are just sisters (same body colour but their symbols are differently coloured).

Teddy - my umbrella is hanging up next to the shelf in one of the pictures (I had taken a closer version but didn't like the way it turned out so it just stays in the background because I had no desire to open it up)! But yeah finally after all these years! Anything is possible. ;)

And I honestly don't remember how much I paid for them? I'm pretty sure the Dutchies were all somewhere in the realm of $50-80 a piece? Pretty sure MOC Melody was $92? I think MOC SH was actually cheaper, but I could be wrong. But yeah, I have other ponies from the Dutch collection as well, so that's quite a bit of money between the lot of them. Ah the days of living at home and having no rent to pay!

Unfortunately Miss Hackney never was released, DA! Very sad. Though they did release the Tales Schoolhouse - which I have in a bin in my storage locker. No room for that anywhere though, sadly.

Offline Notes

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 04:17:20 pm »
Interesting idea, Kat. And these toys really were quite expensive. I shouldn't be surprised at this point, though.

I could have sworn I'd seen one, but I guess not... that is sad! Miss Hackney is just as much of a character as any of the boys...

Offline Bob-dude

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2014, 04:34:30 pm »
You know, this alternate colors make me think of a Mirror verse fanfic ala Star Trek, where the Tales universe is more dark/cynical (think GTA or Watchmen) in contrast to Tales' more realistic-optimistic stance. And yes, all the evil boys WOULD have goatees.  ;)

Offline Notes

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2014, 04:38:02 pm »
Hah, that's a cool concept, Bob-dude!

Offline Teddy

• Administrator
  • Too cool for school.
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2014, 04:53:38 pm »
Oh! Totally missed the umbrella, was blinded by the awesome ponies.

Wow, that actually isn't bad at all for those MOCs! I paid $100 for my MOC SS Gusty, and she isn't even a Dutchie or a UK exclusive!

Offline Kat

• #1 Ace fan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2014, 05:00:14 pm »
Yeah I'm pretty sure I picked her up on the German Ebay? Back before browsers would auto translate foreign languages for you, so every now and then you'd get lucky and find a good deal on the foreign Ebay sites!

I'm forever angry that the boys were never made and released! I really need to get myself a new Ace custom. I had started making one in a G3 mold when those came out... The re-hairing always killed me, though. I know I'd done a G3 Starlight too, but only re-haired half of her mane because I got lazy.

But yeah the Schoolhouse should have come with a Miss Hackney!

Offline Bob-dude

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2014, 09:55:18 pm »
A Schoolhouse without Mrs. Hackney!? B-But that's like a Canterlot castle without Celestia, or a Sweet Apple Arcers without Applejack! WHAT SPORE OF MADNESS IS THIS?

Offline FairyDust

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2014, 01:51:19 am »
Wow!  Such a lovely collection!  Do you have a favorite out of the group pictured?

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP,  Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.