Tales Mania

Author Topic: Yep, another introduction post. :P  (Read 1038 times)

Offline FairyDust

• View Profile
Yep, another introduction post. :P
« on: June 14, 2014, 01:48:14 am »
Hey everybody!  I'm FairyDust.  I'm a fan of MLP Tales and am also a big collector of Jem and the Holograms (I'm Fairy Dust on the Jemcon.org forum) and also other non MLP Tales ponies!  I am also the supreme ruler of a massive Tosty fakie pony army.  When I'm not collecting dolls and ponies I like to collect other things like Harry Potter Professor Snape items!  lol

My favorite MLP Tales character is Clover's sister, Meadowlark.  I also like Suzette, her sister in law but it's too bad she isn't in the show much.  Of the main mlp tales ponies my favorites would be Clover and Melody.  My favorite episodes are Sister of the Bride and Princess Problems.

I have a lot of MLP Tales animation cels and will be selling some of them at the mlp fair in July (2014) (Also when I say "some" I mean a LOT).  Hopefully I'll get time and share pictures of them to share with everybody.  I have a few of my favorites framed but still need to frame some others so I can hang them too!

I dream of possibly one day owning a really pretty animation cel of Meadow lark as a Bride from the episode Sister of the Bride. :D
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 02:08:29 am by FairyDust »

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP,  Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

Offline Notes

• View Profile
Re: Yep, another introduction post. :P
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 01:56:38 am »
Allow me to sincerely welcome you to our quaint little forum! My name is Notes, I'm very pleased to meet you!

Collectors are often really fun people to talk to, I imagine. As someone who doesn't collect much of anything, I love seeing and hearing about the escapades of other types of people.

Ooh, a Meadowlark fan! I really loved her portrayal in Send in the Clown in particular. She certainly has potential to be a fun character. Suzette was also a whole ton of fun. Madame Percheron and Cheval ain't too shabby either.

Lucky! I don't have a single cel to speak of... I WOULD love to see them! And be lucky that your dream isn't a Meadowlark custom, but a pre-made cel... I hear customs are tough to make.

Anyway, again, welcome aboard!

Offline FairyDust

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 02:06:11 am »
And be lucky that your dream isn't a Meadowlark custom, but a pre-made cel... I hear customs are tough to make.

Weeeeelll..   I wouldn't mind having a Meadowlark custom pony one day LOL.  I'd probably make her myself but we'll see if I ever get around to doing it.  ;D

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP,  Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

Offline Notes

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 02:09:10 am »
If you ever do, that would be a sight to behold, to be sure. But either way, best of luck procuring both!

Offline Bob-dude

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2014, 02:34:33 am »
Welcome to the other herd Fairy Dust! I'm Bob-dude and I do review/commentaries of Tales episodes. BTW, I also enjoyed Sister of the Bride quite a bit myself and can't wait to get to it in my reviews.

Offline Teddy

• Administrator
  • Too cool for school.
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2014, 08:39:11 am »
Hey FairyDust, and welcome!! ^-^

I've always found your "Totsy Eyes" sig pic slightly creepy, but kind of cute at the same time. lol! I'd love to see pics of your Totsy Army! I had two Totsies at one point (yellow with orange hair and purple with purple hair), but I sold them years ago. I kind of miss that yellow one, though.

You know, I've never seen a custom of Meadowlark before. You should totally make one!

Do you have any Teddy cels, by chance? ;)

Offline Darkabomination

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2014, 07:32:05 pm »
Cels are those single pages of animations right?

Offline Notes

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2014, 07:43:29 pm »
Yep. They were used right in the show.

Offline mlptfan

• Administrator
  • Starlight is not amused.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2014, 08:52:51 pm »
Cels are those single pages of animations right?
A cel http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cel is usually the painted animation frame after clean-up. The animator usually use a pencil to animate, and then someone else do the hard work of cleaning up the picture,and paintng it. The Tales cells are pretty awesome as their paint color is actually in better shape than the best episode qualities we have.

And welcome FairyDust! :)

Offline Ringwraith10

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2014, 07:39:37 am »
Aww, I loved Meadowlark, too. I really wished they had made more side character/background pony toys back then (rather than just the main characters and those few sparkly ponies).