Tales Mania

Author Topic: Tales dreams  (Read 1445 times)

Offline Notes

• View Profile
Tales dreams
« on: July 01, 2014, 07:15:11 pm »
(This is going in The Show thread because these are somewhat about the show, though the topics here are slightly confusing)

Lately I've been having a whole ton of Tales-related dreams. I was wondering whether the rest of you had that good fortune as well. I'll end up replying to this thread as I have more.

A lot of these are a little bit... odd. But it's Tales-related.

In addition to that one Bon Bon robs a bank dream, I had one the other night that Tales was a thirty episode show! I've had this dream several times before. The only episode I remember seeing was called In the Dark or something corny like that. Teddy and Ace dragged the girls out to a haunted house in the middle of the night. They had been told all kinds of stories about the haunted house being scary, bad, and the site of lots of unspeakable horrors.

Everyone is too scared to go in and see what would happen. Teddy snaps that they were sissy girls, and Starlight is outraged, so she goes in to prove herself. All throughout, Starlight keeps on trying to get through this haunted house thing. Plates fly at her, she hears creaking sounds, and even hears the sound of someone whispering her name.

A hooded figure emerges, and there was an EPIC scene where Starlight is chased by it, but outsmarts it and ends up making it fall, revealing who it was.

It turned out that Teddy (he might or might not have had Patch and Ace as accomplices, it was left to imagination) was just messing with her head all night.

I don't know what the moral was or why Patch didn't go in and show the boys who was boss, but I think it was cool having an episode with Starlight hanging out in the dark. A few things that didn't make sense in the dream have been rationalized away for me in consciousness, though.

I also get the impression that once or twice they panned back to the other girls standing outside, left alone by Ace and Teddy and worrying about Starlight. The dialogue there would have been cool to hear! Alas, I have to wait to have the dream again.

Offline Darkabomination

• View Profile
Re: Tales dreams
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 01:25:35 am »
Lol, it should have had a song.

Offline Notes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 01:33:52 am »
Actually, it probably did, come to think of it! If it were real, anyway. 8/

Offline Teddy

• Administrator
  • Too cool for school.
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 02:20:13 pm »
Aww, I'm kinda jealous of your Tales dreams! I can't remember ever having any. So sad!

But this one was kind of fun! It actually sounds alot like a story Kat wrote many years ago about the whole gang spending the night in an old house that was rumored to be haunted. Fun times! :)

Offline Notes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 03:04:36 pm »
Aw, I'm sorry, Teddy. They're so much fun to have. Maybe I like the ones where I control the whole world with a Wii Remote and where there are 49 guests online at once, the Tales dreams are the funnest. I'll make sure to share those Tales dreams periodically.

Kat wrote a story about the kids spending a night in a haunted house?! Darn, I've never read that one... )8'0 Sounds kinda like Midnight Game, only with more characters... I'll find it someday.

As I said, Tales dreams are fun for me. Sometimes I wake up so inspired that I want to fully animate my own Tales season 2 using some of these dream ideas (the somewhat possible ones). Lack of a scanner or the means to get one leave me grounded in that respect. But maybe I'll jump on the Tales Season 2 bandwagon someday with these.

I'm glad some people are interested; I shall make sure I share some more.

Offline Kat

• #1 Ace fan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 05:38:19 pm »
But this one was kind of fun! It actually sounds alot like a story Kat wrote many years ago about the whole gang spending the night in an old house that was rumored to be haunted. Fun times! :)

It was actually an old mental institution!! They kept seeing ghosts of little kids that were identical to Ace and Melody (turns out the main psychologist who was performing experiments on patients had kids who looked like them). This was back when my Melody was super into the occult and used to read tarot cards. I've always meant to go back to that story, though sadly I'm pretty sure it's completely lost to the world, so I'd have to re-write it from scratch. :(

Anyway though - Notes I LOVE this dream of yours! Obviously I'm totally into having the kids hang out in spooky places or do spooky things, so the more of this stuff the merrier! Definitely post more of your dreams though. :D

Offline Notes

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 05:47:28 pm »
Whoa, you totally need to rewrite that story Kat; that sounds AMAZING! Melody being into the occult makes a whole lot of odd sense. Seriously, I'll let you slide on those comics and other stories for a bit while you get your cards together for that.

Tales ponies and spooky things work so well, especially given their curiosity getting them in trouble. You bet that I will share some dreams; whether or not they make any sense at all, they are Tales related, and bring up some interesting ideas to say the least.

Offline Kat

• #1 Ace fan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 04:47:58 pm »
Yeah I can't remember what sparked my decision to get her into the occult for a while, but I loved it at the time. I had been thinking of also writing a story about them deciding to hold a Halloween seance at a cemetery, though I don't think I ever even mentioned that one to anyone? But yeah, I am legitimately sad that I lost this particular story, because unlike a lot of my older stories, I'm pretty positive that the writing was actually really good in this one. :(

I definitely do plan on re-writing it at some point, who knows maybe I might inspire myself and work on it soon! I really need to find myself an old abandoned facility, bring my laptop, and spend a night there writing. ;)

Offline Notes

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2014, 05:08:44 pm »
It is a brilliant idea for some reason, though. Anything with the kids doing something spooky has potential, especially in your style! You have to rewrite it, so I'm glad you recognize the need to.

And about the abandoned facility, you do have to do that! And you just gave me an idea while saying that; gah! But yeah, you have to do that Kat. ASAP so we can get more writing from you.

Offline Teddy

• Administrator
  • Too cool for school.
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2014, 09:59:43 am »
It was actually an old mental institution!! They kept seeing ghosts of little kids that were identical to Ace and Melody (turns out the main psychologist who was performing experiments on patients had kids who looked like them). This was back when my Melody was super into the occult and used to read tarot cards. I've always meant to go back to that story, though sadly I'm pretty sure it's completely lost to the world, so I'd have to re-write it from scratch. :(

Close enough. lol!

But the juvi hall fic should come first!!!! ;)

Offline Notes

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2014, 12:33:26 pm »
...GAH! I want to see them all!

Offline Notes

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2014, 03:12:22 pm »
Alright, so I remembered seeing a glimpse of a title card for one of the episodes I'd dreamed about last night for one of those episodes. It was called "The Great Pony Rescue," and it had the clubhouse on a rainy day behind it.

But that's not all! I had another that related to the fandom. It was a FanFiction summary that went kind of like this:

"Bon Bon, Sweetheart and Clover are exposed to the wonders of gang life while on a vacation to the big city."

I have NO IDEA who I dreamed such a story was by, but... that's just crazy. 0_0 I'll share any more I have...

Offline Teddy

• Administrator
  • Too cool for school.
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2014, 07:13:54 pm »
"Bon Bon, Sweetheart and Clover are exposed to the wonders of gang life while on a vacation to the big city."

I have NO IDEA who I dreamed such a story was by, but... that's just crazy. 0_0 I'll share any more I have...

I kinda want to read that. Make it happen! ;)

Offline Notes

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2014, 09:18:10 pm »
I kinda want to read that. Make it happen! ;)

You do realize I have exactly ZERO percent experience with that stuff and... oh, what the heck, that's what research is for. Just maybe.

Offline Notes

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2014, 03:10:52 pm »
And I had another Tales dream! This time I don't remember much, though. Patch had her own tiny plane she flew around. She was wearing her blue cape and ended up at least at the bowling alley and the hammer aisle at Pony Depot. I get the feeling the boys were involved...

...On a different note, I HAVE somehow come up with a logical way to write that gang story, so... that'll be up eventually.