Tales Mania

Author Topic: My intro!  (Read 1818 times)

Offline Kat

• #1 Ace fan!
    • View Profile
Re: My intro!
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2014, 04:12:40 pm »
Notes - Just wondering what version of my old site are you reading stories from? I just realized while looking through the Angelfire webshell that I had two different story pages, and both of them had stories that weren't linked on the other. So I might actually have things you haven't read yet already. So let me know which page you were reading from, and I'll let you know if there's anything you've missed. :)

Speaking of all of that anyway, I did re-read quite a few of them yesterday and they weren't quite so horrifying as I remember... Definitely nowhere near my ability now, but not total garbage. I do however want to re-work them! Going to start doing that soon. :)

I'm also pretty sure that I'm going to write something for Teddy's Pirate Hostel! It's just too good of an idea. Frankly I don't think he's ever ended up in a job that feels as right for him as being a shipwreck diver (for me, at least).

Offline Darkabomination

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2014, 04:33:58 pm »
So wait, there's some stories after all!

Offline Kat

• #1 Ace fan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2014, 08:35:33 pm »
So wait, there's some stories after all!

Have you read any of my fic at all? I have some new stuff, and I have some really old (and not as good) stuff. Though it pains me to link people to my old fic (it's rather embarrassing) I'll do that because I know that re-writing things will take me a while and I suppose if you're that hungry you'll tolerate how terrible it is. :)

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/167765/wispykitty - where my newer fic is posted (a lot of my newer stories I tend to write the ponies in a more human way - anthropomorphic as opposed to normal pony)

http://www.angelfire.com/tv/acemlp/stories.html - oooooold fic (I finally got around to deleting that terrible old background so it's easier to read; also added a link; these stories are written with the ponies more pony-like)

When I re-write the old stuff I'm going to TRY and keep the ponies as full ponies. I'm just so not used to writing them like that any more, so I'll do what I can. ;)

Edit: Ugh I'm so sad that I never uploaded Camp Counsellors!! I'm sure I posted it somewhere for people to read (Teddy, do you remember it at all??) and it was seriously beyond adorable. Ace and Teddy were responsible for a cabin of boys and omg Teddy had this super adorable bonding moment with a kid who missed his parents! I had completely forgotten about this story until I saw the empty link. *sigh* So sad.

Actually every story that has a broken link I had started, but for whatever (stupid stupid stupid) reason, I hadn't put them on the site. Terrible writing and all I'd kill to read those now... Might have to start re-writing those first (since I remember them all, of course). :P
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 08:45:51 pm by Kat »

Offline Teddy

• Administrator
  • Too cool for school.
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2014, 09:26:01 pm »
O.M.G!!!! Total blast from the past!!! I loved "Camp Counselors" and "Growing up in Under a Month"!! I wish they were still out there somewhere!! Ahh, I so want to read them right now!

Offline Kat

• #1 Ace fan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2014, 10:14:56 pm »
I know!! I've been scouring every place I can think of for GUIUAM, but nothing! I'm pretty sure it's on my dead desktop hard drive (I hope) because I think I still have that lying around somewhere. Need to buy a hard drive reader for it! Then again I also have a few floppy disks (omg floppies!) that I know I used to save certain things to back in the day because I didn't want my mom stumbling on any of my stories. However I'm pretty sure I got rid of my external floppy drive reader and who knows if they even make those anymore? ;) Hoping I didn't erase everything on the floppies though... I mean why would I have kept the disks otherwise, right?

I'm so happy you remember Camp Counselors though! Good to know I did post it at some point somewhere. Probably had it on my tv2/otnt site which I wiped clean, ugh. Whyyyyyyyyy?! I'm so sad! Then again, I also can't remember what urls I was using during my days of hosting my own site (the only one I remembers is kittywhispers.net; not sure if I had any others).

I'd even take my original version of the juvie hall fic though (I remember I did re-write it at one point).

Guess I'll just have to try and write them again... ;)

Offline Notes

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2014, 11:18:47 pm »
NEW KAT STUFF?! http://web.archive.org/web/20011005061254/http://www.angelfire.com/tv/acemlp/stories2.html I've been saving them, partially because I wasn't sure you were coming back so soon, but the ones I did read I really enjoyed. Namely Dr. Ace, the Kindergarten one, and Night with the Girls. But of course I was going to like the last one; it had something to do with Patch.

*reads the rest of a thread*

And now I'm fanNotesing. 80 I'll read a whole truckload of these things today; pretty depressed because summer is here, but these made my day!

Offline Kat

• #1 Ace fan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2014, 11:45:26 pm »
Oh then you never saw my two personal favourites (haha) "Kiss and Make Up" and its sequel with the long name! Sadly the story that inspired me to write these isn't around any longer. Honestly though I do have a total love-hate with these stories! Especially the sequel... Numerous times when I was reading it yesterday I kept internally screaming "Lame alert!!" any time I read something super embarrassing. There's also one more that wouldn't have been linked on your page - "Praise For The Small Things" which sadly I guess I never finished?! I thought I had. But yeah, it was my very first delve into my concussion-induced amnesia/brain damage obsession. Which is sooooo embarrassing because I never researched anything back then! Ugh these days I probably spend more time researching things for stories than actually writing said stories. ;)

Anyway why the depression about summer? Glad this cheered you up though. :)

Offline Notes

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2014, 11:54:50 pm »
I just live for school; learning comes really naturally, so I love doing it in all subjects. Before the Tales fandom, it was practically all of note I did. And lots of crud goes on in home life, so it's almost an escape.

But I also get really attached to my teachers. I have another year at my school before I leave, sure, but I still can't visit anyone every day. Even though I'll be corresponding with most of them, visiting a few of them and hanging out with a few (including the principal herself) I'll miss seeing them.

Plus, I live in Florida, and it is steaming hot down here. I'll have lots of time to do Tales stuff, and the fandom will advance a lot, but it'll be a bit different, if that makes sense.

Offline Kat

• #1 Ace fan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2014, 11:59:17 pm »
That all makes sense! I forgot you were from Florida! Kind of amusing though because back in the day we actually had two younger kids that chatted with our group on-line who were also from Florida. I guess the show attracts Florida-based people! ;)

Sad to hear about home life things! If you ever need any cheering up over the summer with some Tales fic, let me know! I do love writing requests. :)

Offline Notes

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2014, 12:11:06 am »
I couldn't ask you for a request; my brain is a messed-up place. One in which ideas form. Certain ideas nobody else would ever think of. And I have enough stories to FanNotes over until the end of the summer if I don't indulge. But I'll keep that in mind.

Yeah; I've just got to get my friends at school to try Tales, so we can start a Florida kids club!

Sometimes I feel like your muses when they go through a particularly bad day. It's bad, but it isn't all-consuming, because I have a supportive mom.

Offline Teddy

• Administrator
  • Too cool for school.
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2014, 06:21:27 pm »
That all makes sense! I forgot you were from Florida! Kind of amusing though because back in the day we actually had two younger kids that chatted with our group on-line who were also from Florida. I guess the show attracts Florida-based people! ;)

Who were the others from Florida? But yeah, Florida rocks, Tales rocks...makes sense. ;) I miss Florida (but not the summers)!! I was just there visiting my family and friends last month and it was already too hot/humid for me. I can't believe I used to work outside in that every day! >.<

Wow, and you still have floppy disks, Kat? Maybe you can find an old floppy drive in an antique shop so you can read them again. ;) It would be super awesome if you could find those stories again saved somewhere, though!

And sorry to hear about your home life not being so good, Notes. Are you old enough to maybe get a little part-time job or something for the summer? Might help to get out and have something to do elsewhere. Even volunteering would work. I volunteered at the Humane Society, a vet hospital, and a library when I was in high school. It was fun and you can learn alot at the same time. ^-^

Offline Notes

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2014, 06:25:40 pm »
I've done little spades of volunteer work at my school (going in on teacher work days and grading papers every day) but I still have about seven months to wait until I can get a job legally. But I'll be the best worker ever. I would definitely volunteer or get a job if I could, but this summer, I'll be a full-time lurker around here and the Schoolhouse. And a writer of fanfics.