Tales Mania

Author Topic: Show off your MLP collection!  (Read 1747 times)

Offline Teddy

• Administrator
  • Too cool for school.
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
Show off your MLP collection!
« on: May 31, 2014, 11:00:21 pm »
I'm sure most of you collect MLPs too, right? Well, I would love to see pics of your collections, big or small! I'm definitely more of a G1 collector myself since those are the ones I grew up with, but I do have at least a few from all generations thus far. Here are a few pics:

The pride of my collection, my Gusty Army!!

And, as you can see, I also collect TMNT figures. But only Raphael because he's my fav! ;)

Offline Notes

• View Profile
Re: Show off your MLP collection!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 12:01:23 am »
Wow, what a glorious collection! I don't have a SINGLE MLP toy, other than some of those G4 blindbag ones... But you are quite the collector, and I shall be watching this place for more collections.

Offline acehoneycomb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 08:08:16 am »
I own a Lickety-Split in mint condition with pink hair still intact, but don't have the time to take photos at the moment.

Offline Teddy

• Administrator
  • Too cool for school.
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 11:20:17 am »
Blind Bags still count, Notes! ;)

And I would love to see your Lickety some day, acehoneycomb! My Lickety Split is in borderline bait condition. >.<

Offline Notes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 11:51:46 am »
I guess, haha. But seriously, sweet job with your collection! How'd you ever get that many Gusty ponies? If I collected 50 Patch toys, I know I'd get bored, and... on second thought... never mind.

Offline Teddy

• Administrator
  • Too cool for school.
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 05:18:28 pm »
Well, Gusty is much more common than Patch so...yeah. lol! ;) It took many years to acquire that many Gustys, but it wasn't that hard really. She is a pretty common pony to find. The hard part was finding one MOC and getting it before someone else snatched her up! ^-^

Offline Notes

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2014, 05:24:30 pm »
Yeah, but I took it Gusty was your favorite pony from G1 proper. Whether or not that's true, I'd want my whole room filled with Patch stuff; she's my favorite Tales pony. Patch toys, Patch comics, Patch wallpaper... But I've hardly been into Tales for a year, so that'd be venturing into obsessive fan territory. If writing stories a lot doesn't already count.

But that army of Gustys is still really cool! You have what, thirty four items right there? Great job of it all; must have taken a whole load of dedication!

Offline Teddy

• Administrator
  • Too cool for school.
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2014, 05:35:28 pm »
Oh yes, I guess I failed to mention that Gusty is my all-time fav G1 pony, hence the Army. ;) I've just always loved her colors, and her attitude on the G1 TV series (and who can resist that Bart Simpson voice!). I'm a little obsessed with her, but not as much as I am with Teddy. lol! If there had been ANY Teddy merchandise out there, I'd have it all by now! Well, I guess there are animation cels and I do have some of those. That's all there is, so sad!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 05:38:22 pm by Teddy »

Offline Notes

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2014, 05:41:26 pm »
I haven't seen much of G1 proper... I've got to get to that so I can get to know Gusty and the rest better. But I agree with you about the colors, though!

We would ALL have it, I assure you! 'Cause I can't buy stuff off of eBay, I'll just have to make my own stuff, I guess. You have great cels though; I saw them on the Schoolhouse.

Offline Kat

• #1 Ace fan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2014, 10:38:09 pm »
Mine are all still in a bin in my storage locker, sadly. I am planning to re-do my apartment over the summer though, so I'm going to try to make some space for them (at least for my Dutch alternates). Your collection is gorgeous though! That Minty army is beyond awesome. :)

Offline Teddy

• Administrator
  • Too cool for school.
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2014, 03:03:00 pm »
Mine are all still in a bin in my storage locker, sadly. I am planning to re-do my apartment over the summer though, so I'm going to try to make some space for them (at least for my Dutch alternates). Your collection is gorgeous though! That Minty army is beyond awesome. :)

I don't think I've ever actually seen your Dutchies, so yes you should get them out at least to snap a pic one day! ;D

And I will try to pretend you didn't mix up Gusty's name there. Blasphemous!!

Offline Kat

• #1 Ace fan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2014, 08:21:09 pm »

I have no explanation for my using Minty. I'm baffled. 100% confusion! I'm sorry Gusty! I should be kicked out of Canada for screwing up her name. ;)

I'm pretty sure I've been meaning to take pictures of my Dutch collection for you for years, haha! Every time I mention them you're like "Oooh take some pictures!" and I say I will but I always forget. Terrible!

But I promise I'll do it this time. ;)

Offline Teddy

• Administrator
  • Too cool for school.
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2014, 10:23:31 pm »
You have shamed the Country of The Holy Maple Leaves and should be banished to the bowels of Southwest Texas!

Do you have all the Dutchie Tales girls?? I can't even remember which ones you have now!

Offline Kat

• #1 Ace fan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2014, 04:16:30 pm »
You have shamed the Country of The Holy Maple Leaves and should be banished to the bowels of Southwest Texas!

Do you have all the Dutchie Tales girls?? I can't even remember which ones you have now!

I figured it out!! There's another thread in this sub-forum about "Minty's Tale" so the name was in my head at least... Still doesn't quite explain why she took precedence over Gusty but whatevs. I have at least a partial explanation... ;)

I know I had all the Dutch Tales girls - not sure if I still do? I don't think I sold any of them, but I guess we'll see! I think I just sold the UK girls. The Dutch ones are so much prettier!

Offline Bob-dude

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2014, 06:16:07 pm »
... And I thought Striker-5 had an impressive toy collection! Seriously though Teddy, your Gusty Army is making me think of a Too Many Gustys episodes where each copy of Gusty becomes a more thinly veiled version of Bart Simpson.